Superfast Broadband Access Service – Access Determination Inquiry: Draft Decision | ACCC | 9 December 2022
The ACCC has released its draft decision on the SBAS Determination. The new measures proposed include regulation of access prices at the 50/20 Mbps speed tier, and charges for customer connections, transfers and appointments. There are also new requirements purported to improve the transparency of SBAS network performance and reliability.
ACCC is seeking feedback on whether or not network-to-network interface and state based aggregation services charges should also be regulated.
Consumer Data Right CX Standards – Telco Data Language | Data Standards Body | 9 December 2022
This consultation regarding telco data language standards seeks to:
- Determine appropriate changes to the CX data standards to accommodate the telecommunications sector
- Determine the specific language standards to be used for the telecommunications sector
C647:2022 nbn Access Transfer Industry Code | CommsAlliance | 13 January 2023
The revision of the Industry Code seeks to:
- introduce industry wide processes to enable the use of a 15-digit AVC ID in the transfer of Customer services between providers on the NBN;
- introduce obligations relating to the display, access and availability of the AVC ID;
- provide proposed timeframes for the commencement of clauses relating to the development, display and mandatory use of AVC IDs across industry; and
- update Appendix A relating to new Response Codes for SQ, ESQ or Transfer Order requests.
NBN Co SAU variation (November 2022) | NBN Co & ACCC | 17 February 2022
NBN Co have lodged their revised SAU variation with the ACCC following consultation regarding its previous SAU variation which was withdrawn in July.
The SAU variation includes changes to product and pricing commitments, the framework for NBN Co’s cost recovery, rules for how the ACCC assesses network expenditure, and the service standards framework.
The ACCC will be releasing a consultation paper in early 2023.