Title: RPKI/ROV Tutorial & Social Adelaide, in partnership with APNIC
Date: Wednesday, 19 April 2023
Time: Tutorial 1:00pm – 5:30 ACST | Social 6:00pm ACST
Tutorial – Barr Smith South 2032 (RM), University of Adelaide, North Terrace Campus, 250 North Terrace, Adelaide
Social – The Howling Owl, The Monocle room (accessed through an arch door beside the main bar on the ground level within the venue) 10 Vaughan Place, Adelaide. IAA Members are welcome to bring friends.
Cost: Hurry! The first ten IAA Members to register attend for FREE
Standard fees: $40 APNIC Member (plus GST) or $80 Standard (plus GST)
A has partnered with APNIC to bring our members this important tutorial on RPKI and ROV. The tutorial will be followed by a social event. If you’re an IAA member and can’t make the tutorial, we’d still love to see you for a drink and some nibbles, so be sure to register now.
- Recent routing incidents
- Current BGP filtering techniques
- Resource PKI fundamentals
- Installation and configuration of RPKI validators
- BGP filtering with ROA (Route Origin Validation)
Why do we keep seeing news headlines about major networks not being reachable because traffic got rerouted to somewhere else? BGP mishaps are very common and frighteningly easy. Examples are malicious route hijacking, mis-origination (fat fingers), and bad filters (route leaks). We need better mechanism(s) to ensure no one can inject false information into the global routing system that easily. This tutorial will look at current route filtering tools/techniques, how RPKI is just a piece in the puzzle, and what we should do to secure the internet routing.
- This workshop is for those with a working knowledge of IP Routing (esp BGP), how to use a router command line interface and backing Linux command line skills.
- Participants are advised to bring their own laptop or desktop computers with high-speed internet access and administrative access to system.
- It is also recommended that computers have Intel i5 or i7 processor, >=8GB of RAM and 30GB of free hard disk space.
- Software: SSH Client, Telnet Client, VirtualBox/VMware
- Confirm Secure SHell (SSH) is allowed from the office or home network to access the lab infrastructure. Test ssh connectivity, try to connect to route-views.routeviews.org. For example from the CLI type: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org.
APNIC’s Training Delivery Manager (South Asia and Oceania)
APNIC’s Senior Network Analyst / Technical Trainer
HOW TO REGISTER
Tutorial Registration (first 10 go for free).
All attendees must use their APNIC Academy account. If you don’t have an account, it’s free and easy to get your own APNIC Login. Get started APNIC’s website. Once you have your login (or if you already have an account) you can register for the tutorial from the link below.
The first ten IAA Members to register for the tutorial are FREE! To access this offer you must be an IAA Member and use this code in APIC’s payment portal: IAARPKIROA2023
Social Event Registration
We’re hosting a post-event social at The Howling Owl that’s FREE to all IAA Members, starting 6pm. Even if you can’t make the tutorial, we’d love to see you there. Corporate members can register themselves and an additional 7 guests, either internal or external to their organisation. Professional members are able to invite one additional guest. All registrations need to be completed via the IAA portal by the inviting member.
By RSVPing for this event, you are agreeing to comply with IAA’s Code of Conduct – Events.